- What did you enjoy most about the Publishing program?
- This was my first experience with creatives and artists. Previously, I worked in mental healthcare and public policy which are “outcomes” oriented. Learning with creative students and teachers fundamentally shifted my perceptions and opened a new part of my heart and mind. Now I am a healthcare professional with a more creative, art-informed approach too.
- What is one unique or interesting thing about you?
- I am a first-generation Dutch-Canadienne who speaks (rusty) French and Spanish but no Dutch; my parents thought learning it was impractical while living in Canada. Classic Dutch thinking: ask anyone Dutch, and they’ll laugh with delight!
- Who’s your favourite superhero?
- Helen Keller, who broke stereotypes as a woman. She was a public speaker and author who transformed global perceptions of people with different abilities, more commonly referred to as “disabled.”
- Who inspires you and why?
- My sister’s courage to touch her creative voice (she’s a painter) and release it into the world post-50, metamorphosing into her full self and inspiring those around her.